Last Updated: October 23, 2012
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information whether through the Application or by third party network, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
· Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you provide to us, including personal information that may be contained in any comment or other submission you post within the Application. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
· Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other IAC businesses, business partners, social networks, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, and additional demographic information.
o Note about Facebook permissions. If you choose to use the Application in connection with Facebook and you choose to set your privacy controls to include “Everyone”, you are granting Facebook permission to share with Mindspark general information about you, including without limitation access to you and your friends' names, profile pictures, gender, user IDs, and connections. Facebook may also make information about the location of your device and your age available to application owners in order to help them implement appropriate security measures and control the distribution of age-appropriate content. We strongly recommend that you review the policies of any social networks you use to make sure you are comfortable with the ways they use information you share with them.
· Information about others. If you use the Application to communicate with others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.), we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient long enough to deliver such message to the intended recipient.
· Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your system when you visit the Application. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring Toolbar address.
· Cookies. When you visit the Application, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our Application and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Application, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, and the actions you take within the Application. Most systems automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on or via the Application.
· Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Application. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Application visitors.
· Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons on our Application. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
· deliver the products and services that you have requested;
· provide you with customer support
· perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
· communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister IAC companies or other third parties;
· develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests;
· verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
· enforce our terms and conditions;
· manage our business and
· perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on the Application.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below. We may share personal information with:
· Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Application functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Application. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
· Business partners: If you engage in promotions offered through the Application, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant′s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
· Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
· Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
o In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
o When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Application terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
o In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our IAC sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our Application and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
· You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Application because such information may be required in order for you to access certain assets or areas; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Application.
· You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at the address or email listed below.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission′s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our Application is intended for a general audience, over the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
USING OUR APPLICATION FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
One North Lexington, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY, 10601
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
A cookie is a small text file that is
stored on a user′s device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be
either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you
close the Application and is used to make it easier for you to navigate the
Application. A persistent cookie remains on your system for an extended period
Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Application, such as the links you click. As the Application does not require a username or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our Application, content and advertising.
END OF DOCUMENT.
© 2014 Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. An IAC company. All rights reserved.